注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 2014|回复: 0

Open letter regarding the Sony

[复制链接]
发表于 2006-8-18 08:48:53 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
I love lame, so that I post this~

Shit Sony..... I bought a Dell computer a week ago, and Dell said their batteries which was made by sony have problems and should be returned...

Open letter to Sony BMG (and its owners, Sony and Bertelsmann), First4Internet, and the LAME community.

Several people pointed out that the DRM software used by Sony BMG and the media is talking about lately seems to contain at least parts of LAME, without complying with our license.
None of the LAME developers currently owns a CD with this rights crippling mechanism from Sony BMG and none of the developers is interested in buying one, so we aren't going to analyze this on our own, but we trust those people out there which analyzed it and found traces of LAME on such CD's.

Right now The LAME maintainers aren't interested in initiating a legal battle with Sony BMG. We live in a social competent world where we don't need to pull the weapons and are able to talk about what needs to be done to correct mistakes, right ? But we expect Sony BMG to take appropriate action and tell the public about those actions.

The LAME maintainers.

About LAME:

LAME is an LGPL MP3 encoder. The Open source development model allowed to improve its quality and speed since 1999. It is now an highly evolved MP3 encoder, with quality and speed able to rival state of the art commercial encoders. To get more infomation about LAME, see http://lame.sourceforge.net. To get contact with the LAME maintainers, mail to [email protected] (developpers mailing list, open to the public).
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 10:09 , Processed in 0.063405 second(s), 15 queries .

© 2021 Powered by Discuz! X3.5.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表