查看: 593|回复: 2

problem when install qterm

[复制链接]
发表于 2004-1-10 12:16:46 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
when i install Install QTerm-0.2.0,
<tar zvxf qterm-0.2.0.tar.gz

cd qterm-0.2.0

./configure            >

then i get these words: <checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X includes. Please check your ins                                                   tallation and add the correct paths!  >

according to the install file, it says :<5. ./configure

If ./configure can not find the correct QT path, then

./configure --with-qt-dir=DIR (DIR is the QT path) ;

If the lib and include are not in the same directory, then

./configure --with-qt-includes=DIR  (DIR is the QT include path),

./configure --with-qt-libraries=DIR (DIR is the QT lib path)>

but i don't know where is the correct DIR.

CAN U HELP ME!!!!   3KS
发表于 2004-1-10 12:35:30 | 显示全部楼层
在http://www.rpmfind.net/搜索一个rpm包来安装还来得快,不用理这些。^_^
不过这是应急的办法,还是自己编译来得方便些。

这里有篇install文档不知道对你有没有帮助:http://www.magnicomp.com/qterm/qterm.shtml#install
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2004-1-10 13:01:35 | 显示全部楼层
呵呵~~又找了一阵,找到一篇faq,你的问题应该可以解决了
来自http://qterm.sourceforge.net/faq.html  
QTerm FAQ-0.2.0

Table of Contents

Installation
How can I install QTerm?
How can I compile QTerm from source?
I'm lazy, is there any binary packages(.rpm, .deb)?
Configure ends with this text, and QTerm won't compile!
Can I compile QTerm with Qt 3.0.x?
Display
Why qterm can not display Chinese?
Why qterm can not display Chinese with correct locale set?
Why the display of QTerm is so ugly?
How to install fonts for QTerm?
QTerm is too slooooooooow! I have to wait ages to open it or connect to a BBS system!
OK, Xft is a good thing, How do I install it?
Misc
I cannot use mouse in QTerm!
How to use proxy in QTerm?
How to use the URL detection in QTerm?
My input method doesn't work in QTerm!
How do I report a bug?
1.Installation

Q: How can I install QTerm?

A: Two ways, You can compile it from source or install binary package.

You need Qt 2.3.x or Qt 3.1.x to compile/install QTerm, for compile you need to install its development package too. (also you need autoconf, automake, gcc, etc.).

Q: How can I compile QTerm from source?

A: First get the latest QTerm source from QTerm's download page. then(QTerm 0.2.0 for example):

tar zxvf qterm-0.2.0.tar.gz
  cd qterm-0.2.0
  ./configure
  make
  make install

At this point, QTerm should be compiled and ready to use. if you encounter any trouble, search below or prepare a bugreport(This should not happen;).

Q: I'm lazy, is there any binary packages(.rpm, .deb)?

A: We provide binary rpm package for Red Hat Linux 8 and 9, source rpm is available too, and a deb package for Debian users. Leech from QTerm's download page.

Q: Configure ends with this text, and QTerm won't compile!
checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 2.2.2) (libraries) not found. Please check your installation!
For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.

A: Please check if you have installed the develop packages of Qt.
for Red Hat you need to install qt-devel-xxx.rpm, qt-xxx.rpm is not enough.
for Debian the package can be libqt3-dev, libqt3-compat-headers and then configure --with-qt-includes=/usr/include/qt3 for Debian/unstable.
Or if you compiled qt by yourself with -thread, you need to run configure with --enable-mt.

Q: Can I compile QTerm with Qt 3.0.x?

A: You can...but it's not recommended. The official version of Qt 3.0.x do not support Xft. And its support of the core X11 fonts system is very buggy (you can see no special symbols for example). You'd better use Qt 2.3.x or Qt 3.1.x to run QTerm.

NOTE: When compiled with Qt 3.1.x, you should use Xft to render the fonts, since the support of the core X11 fonts system has never been fixed.

NOTE(2): Red Hat shipped a patched version of Qt 3.0.5 with Red Hat Linux 8.0, which provide Xft support. Unfortunately there is another bug in the version makes QTerm cannot display correctly.
2.Display questions

Q: Why qterm can not display Chinese?

A: This should not happen with QTerm comipiled with Qt 3.1.x or binary packages we provide. Check next faq. if you're using a qt2 compiled version It is mainly because locale is not set correctly. Put the following two lines in $HOME/.bash_profile:

export LC_ALL="zh_CN.GBK"
          export LANG="zh_CN.GBK"

then logout, login, it should be ok now.
Of course you can use zh_CN or zh_CN.GB18030 or zh_TW.Big5 instead of zh_CN.GBK.

NOTE: zh_CN.GB2312/zh_CN is not recommended since it cannot display all the characters needed for BBS system.

Q: Why qterm can not display Chinese with correct locale set?

A: Check if you have set correct BBS Encoding, Display Encoding in Display property page at Address Book or Setting dialog

Q: Why the display of QTerm is so ugly?

A: There can be many reasons, Qt's bug, QTerm's bug(oh, no), etc. But the most common one is the font you're using. The font has to be fixed width. This requirement originate both from X11 and the way Qt and QTerm use it together to display characters. fortunately most Chinese font is fixed width (except PMingLiU and, the (in)famous ZYSong18030 shipped with Red Hat Linux)

Tip: So if you're using Red Hat Linux 8.0/9, and you don't want to install new fonts, here is a list of fonts you may use (the result cannot be good, but can be accepted):

Ar Pl ****
Console8x16
Console8x8
Courier
Courier 10 Pitch
Fixed
Lucidatypewriter
Luxi Mono
Miscfixed

If you want the best result you'd better check next faq to install some new fonts by yourself (we recommend simsun.ttc for zh_CN and mingliu.ttc for zh_TW).

Q: How to install fonts for QTerm?

A: You need a TrueType font to have a good effect. We recommend the Arphic free truetype fonts. Debian users can install by "apt-get install ttf-arphic-*" other users can follow an instruction here. And then adjust the size of the window, you should find an appropriate size when QTerm looks nice.

Note: If you want use Xft to render the fonts. Just copy the fonts you want to use to $HOME/.fonts (or to /usr/share/fonts, the usual system-wide directory), wait 30 seconds. Now the new fonts should be ready to use. Too easy to make a new faq...

Q: QTerm is too slooooooooow! I have to wait ages to open it or connect to a BBS system!

A: You don't use Xft right? The best(only?) solution is change from the good old core X11 fonts system to the brand-new Xft2 system. You'll get a great speed up and a high quality display. (There is still some small bugs in Qt and Xft, but can be ignored)).

Q: OK, Xft is a good thing, How do I install it?

A: This is a little bit off topic. But anyway, see here to find details and install instruction about Xft2.

[CONCLUSION]The best system to run QTerm: XFree 4.3 or XFree 4.2 with Xft2 support, Qt 3.1.x, and some windows truetype fonts like simsun.ttc (illegal, but who cares;), and disable AntiAlias in Preference and finally some fine-tuning by yourself.
3. Misc

Q: I cannot use mouse in QTerm!

A: QTerm can only support Firebird BBS till now.

Q: How to use proxy in QTerm?

A: Now QTerm can deal with 3 types of proxy, you can set the appropriate proxy type in AddressBook and QuickLogin. If your SOCKS5 proxy does not require authentication, leave the uname and password BLANK.

Q: How to use the URL detection in QTerm?

A: First make sure you have checked "Hyper Link Auto Detect" in "Telnet Set".
When the cursor changed to hand, click and a dialog will popup. Click OK to copy the URL to clipboard. If you are in KDE, it will ask you which browser you want to open with. But due to a bug in Qt, it won't work with directly pasting to the address bar in Mozilla.

Q: My input method doesn't work in QTerm!

A: This should not happen, but if you're still in trouble, send us a bugreport. We provide a bugreport-template for you. Check it first please.

Q: How do I report a bug?

A: Here is a bugreport template, you can fill it and send the bugreport to us.

---------------------cut here------------------------

Yes, I have already read ALL the faqs!

Your QTerm version:

Your Linux distribution or operating system and version e.g.:

gcc and ld versions:

XFree version:

Qt version:

Other applications names/version:
(for example your input method)

If configure/compilation failed, provide the full error message:
(NO TRUNCATION)

Bug description:

--------------------the end-------------------------

You can provide more details if you want. But we recommend you at least provide the infomation we asked above.

还有问题吗?继续...
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

GMT+8, 2024-9-30 09:36 , Processed in 0.056304 second(s), 15 queries .

© 2021 Powered by Discuz! X3.5.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表